If you do not see the 2020 DSConf Poster Session submission track once signing into EasyChair, please click on this link again to see the poster submission page.
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting poster proposals for consideration to the 4th annual virtual Ken Kennedy Institute Data Science Conference.
The conference is a research, development, and innovation gathering, bringing together university and research labs, key industry verticals, and the IT industry that are looking at opportunities created by advances in AI, data analytics, machine learning, and deep learning. This year’s virtual conference will have an online venue for networking, collaborating, and building partnerships focused around data science, machine learning, and data engineering problems and opportunities.
Poster submissions are limited to graduate students and postdocs. We welcome posters that are related to data-driven knowledge discovery, foundations of data science, and applications and use-cases. The conference will be a research, development, and innovation (RD&I) gathering, bringing together university and research labs (technology developers), key industry verticals (technology consumers), and IT industry (technology providers) that are looking at opportunities created by advances in AI, data analytics, machine learning and deep learning.
Submissions should include:
- Title of poster
- 1-2 paragraph abstract
- Authors and affiliations
- Poster in 4 slides (total) in PDF format
- 2-3 minute lightning presentation in MP4 format for upload. You can record your lightning talk using Zoom.
- Following your submission in EasyChair, you will receive an email from the organizers with a link to upload your recorded lightning presentation to Rice Box.
- Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org a shareable link to download your MP4 recording.
Deadline: Your poster title and abstract must be submitted for consideration no later than October 12th end of day (CDT).
Complimentary Registration: All poster presenters receive a free registration pass. Registration code will be provided once your poster has been accepted. All accepted poster presenters must register for the conference and attend the virtual poster session on Tuesday, October 27 (tentatively scheduled for 1:30 – 2:30 pm CT) to answer questions.
Presentation: All posters will be posted in PDF format on the conference webpage. There will be 3 modes of interaction with the audience:
- The poster will be posted on the conference website and the app as a 4-slide PDF.
- The 2-3 minute lightning presentation will be posted on the conference website and the app.
- There will be a poster session on Tuesday, October 27 (tentatively scheduled for 1:30 – 2:30 PM CT). During this session, lightning talks will be played to the audience, and attendees are encouraged to chat with poster presenters within the app to discuss posters in further detail.
Awards:The audience will be encouraged to vote on the best poster presentation, best use of visualization, best use of public data, and biggest potential impact. Award winners will receive a $50 gift card.
Submit your poster.
Beef up your resume.
Join us for great conversation and networking.